Monday, November 19, 2007

T-two weeks

Dear blog,

Here are the week’s highlights:

1. I got 41 interviews done! As my good friend Brandon Baird would say, yay woo-hoo! This was quite an accomplishment for me, since I had only 35 done at the beginning of the week, and had never done more than 20 in one week prior to this week. I can honestly and sincerely say that I believe I have been the beneficiary of a minor miracle. Now I just have to get 24 more done in the next two weeks, gather a bit of side information from a couple of people, and my information gathering will be complete.

2. We played twister at our weekly meeting. It was in Spanish. That actually makes it more additionally difficult than one might expect. The instructions had a strategy section, which recommended trying to push opponents off by encroaching on their space. I found this to be highly enjoyable, although not totally effective as I was just as likely to fall over in the close quarters as my opponent.

3. Brandon and Angela came to spend the night in Santa Rosa this week, and we all walked up to the big, flat rock that Matt and I found weeks ago. We watched the sunset from there and made it back without any serious dog attacks.

4. Brandon and I spoke in church on Sunday. I did get a bit more nervous than usual because of having to do it in Spanish, but I was really glad for the opportunity. All four of us were going to speak, but the bishopric had forgotten that another speaker (a high councilor) was also scheduled. My talk was pretty short, but I felt good about it once I finished.

This is Matt teaching our student Francisca. I guess the background leaves something to be desired, but keep in mind that I have to take these pictures secretly.

Here you have Matt, Angela, and me playing twister in my room. Matt looks completely normal in 99% of the pictures ever taken of him, so I have to admit a little gleefulness on my part when I catch him looking funny.

Here´s sunset from the rock. Anyone tired of looking at the Mexican sky? I´m not...

Four friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mark Andersen said...

You can tell you're in a good place when you're there for a long time but still not tired of looking at it. Congrats and keep the interesting photos and stories coming.

Anonymous said...

Em, you are so good at making your experience come alive for the rest of us. I love your comments and your photos. I am amazed about the number of interviews you have accomplished!!!

The great friendships you all have developed is a treasure for a lifetime, and so are the memories you share.
I'll really miss it when you no longer are sharing your interesting life on this blog.

Love from Gram